Updated Summary of EVD Status of Nigeria, by Minister of Health as at Sept. 1 2014
Minister of Health Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu makes correction/clarification in his opening speech at the Emergency National Council on Health Meeting at the Barcelona Hotel, Abuja, today
· Total number of confirmed EVD cases in Nigeria = 17 ( including the index case).
· Total number managed in Lagos= 14.
· Number successfully managed in Lagos and discharged= 7
· Number of deaths in Lagos = 5
· Number presently on treatment in isolation in Lagos = 2
· Number of death in Port Harcourt (did not benefit from standard management) = 1( a doctor who treated a secondary contact of Sawyer's)
· Number of patients under treatment in PH = 1
· Number of patient that was 'treated' in PH (no stand treatment) and fully recovered = 1
Total number of survivors in Nigeria(as of today) =11;
· Total number of deaths in Nigeria (as of today) = 6.