Pharmacist (Mrs) Gloria Modupe Omatie Chukwumah
Is the Directior and Head of Department, Food & Drug Services, Federal Ministry of Health, Abuja. She is a seasoned Public Health, Industrial Pharmacist and a Supply Chain Specialist with a proven track record of demonstrating strong leadership and governance which has seen the department expanding its scope of impact at both national and state level in Nigeria while promoting level playing ground for all cadres of staff in the department. A highly distinguished Lady reputed for extra ordinary passion and drive for results; pioneering works in the advancement of Pharmaceutical Services in the Public Health Sector in Nigeria. She has B.SC. and M.Sc in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology respectively. She also holds a Diploma in Health Systems Management from Galilee College Isreal , as well as a Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management PGD. She has participated in several local and International Workshops, Conferences, Trainings on Leadership, Governance, Supply Chain Management some of which includes; International Procurement & Supply Chain Management, PPP Contract Management, Managing Drug Supply in Low & Medium Income Countries, Ensuring Product Quality in Procurement & Supply Chain Mannagement of Health Commodities, Monitoring & Evaluation in PSM etc.
Prior to this in particular,
1. Pioneered the establishment of the Supply Chain Department in the National Malaria Elimination Programme – NMEP in 2007.
· This post empowered Pharmacist for the first time to take charge and coordinate all procurement and supply management activities of all products for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of Malaria, including Mosquito vector control.
2. Founding National Coordinator of the National Product Supply Chain Management Programme NPSCMP.
i. The mandate of NPSCMP is to coordinate all activities related to the supply management of public Health medicines and other health products.
ii. All Donors and Partners thereafter channeled all their support through the Department of Food and Drug Services.
iii. Pharmacists were installed to drive supply chains at States and other National posts that have significant drug management components.
3. First National Coordinator of the Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project- NSCIP.
i. The first largest global project to integrate parallel health PSM programmes to improve effectiveness and value-for money.
ii. The wide range of service Contracts under NSCIP has given jobs to hundreds of pharmacists while building their capacities in modern supply chain management.
4. Initiated the LMCU Project – Logistics Management Coordinating Units – is a project to empower state Directors of Pharmaceutical Services (DPS) to take charge of all matters related to Public Health pharmaceutical services
in the states.
5. Within only 8 months as Federal Director of Food and Drug Services (FDS): -
· She has pushed the frontiers of the department beyond the usual boundaries while attracting a host of foreign Donors and Partners to support Nigeria.
· For the First time also the Department of FDS developed two milestone policies both of which have been approved by the National Council On Health, namely:
G.M.O. Chukwumah - Director, Food and Drug Services (FDS) still pushing for the elevation of Pharmacy