SERVICOM AND FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT, 2020 FOR FOCAL PERSONS TO NOTE.
Please Note Customer Expectation: The SERVICOM Index
Every customer that requests services from any MDA has a right to expect;
• To be treated with courtesy, respect, honesty and professionalism.
• That the staff attending to them will listen to their request or question, ask for clarification if necessary and provide complete, accurate and precise information
• That the staff attending to them will ensure that they receive services related to the functions of the establishment, fairly, efficiently and promptly
• To be told in advance, how much the service will cost, what standard of service to expect and how long it will take to be served
• Accurate financial transactions with a receipt or verification of the transaction
• To be told how to obtain redress for poor service, especially where the standards of service are not met
• To receive appropriate directions, via signs, notices or other means, on how to obtain service or information
• A timely and courteous acknowledgement of their presence when they arrive at a staffed information point
THE SERVICOM INDEX: Customer Satisfaction
SERVICOM determined that customers will be satisfied if government establishments pay attention to:
• Service delivery - willingness to help customers and to provide promised service
• Timeliness –delivering prompt service
• Professionalism – people prefer to be served by knowledgeable, courteous, and confidence-inspiring staff
• Information – Customers like to be told where, how, when and how long it will take for service to be delivered
• Staff attitude – customers like to be valued and want caring, individualized attention. They also notice the physical (non-verbal) communication that indicates that the staff is happy to give service
Please Note the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act, 2011
The FoI Act, 2011 penalizes the wrongful denial of information, destruction, falsification or alteration of information or records, or any attempt to do any of these things. ... The Act encourages public institutions and government agencies to be proactive about publishing information.
What is the purpose of the FOI Act?
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 provides public access to information held by public authorities. It does this in two ways: public authorities are obliged to publish certain information about their activities; and. members of the public are entitled to request information from public authorities.
Servicom Unit, Room 3, 3rd Floor, Phase III, Federal Secretariat, Abuja.